YAMAHA POWER PRODUCT & SNOWBLOWER WARRANTY POLICY
In this warranty, the term UNIT shall refer to a new generator, a new water pump (water pump or trash pump) or a new snowblower manufactured by the YAMAHA MOTOR POWERED PRODUCTS CO., LTD. ("MANUFACTURER") under the trade name of Yamaha, distributed by YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA LTD. ("YAMAHA"), sold at retail by an authorized YAMAHA dealer ("DEALER"), normally operated within Canada and registered in Canada. The term CUSTOMER shall refer to the owner or lessee of record of the UNIT registered with YAMAHA and to any subsequent owner, and the term DELIVERY shall refer to the date of DELIVERY of the UNIT from the DEALER to the CUSTOMER.
Section A - Warranty
Subject to Section D, YAMAHA offers the following warranty coverage to the CUSTOMER:
- The period of warranty shall be three years commencing on DELIVERY on all generators purchased for non-commercial use (including government use).
- The period of warranty shall be three years commencing on DELIVERY on all generators, except for the EF1000iS, purchased for commercial use.
- The period of warranty shall be two years commencing on DELIVERY on all EF1000iS generator models purchased for commercial use.
- The period of warranty shall be three years commencing on DELIVERY on all pumps (water pumps and trash pumps) purchased for non-commercial use (including government use).
- The period of warranty shall be three years commencing on DELIVERY on all pumps (water pumps and trash pumps) purchased for commercial use.
- The period of warranty shall be three years commencing on DELIVERY on all snowblowers purchased for non-commercial use (including government use).
- The period of warranty shall be three years commencing on DELIVERY on all snowblowers purchased for commercial use.
- Any part defective by reason of the MANUFACTURER'S faulty workmanship or material will be replaced or repaired free of charge.
- Any repairs or adjustments made necessary by reason of the MANUFACTURER'S faulty workmanship or material will be performed free of charge.
The MANUFACTURER reserves the right to change the design of any model without obligation to modify any model previously manufactured.
Section B - Subsequent Owner
The warranty set forth in Section A may be transferred to any subsequent owner provided that the period of warranty has not expired and that the CUSTOMER has complied with all terms and conditions of this warranty. The subsequent owner has the responsibility for ensuring that a change of registration is sent to YAMAHA at the time of such transfer of ownership.
This transfer must be done by contacting the DEALER who will forward the following information to YAMAHA:
Section C - Obtaining Repairs Under Warranty
- the complete model and serial number as shown on the original warranty document;
- the name of the previous owner;
- the original DELIVERY date of the UNIT;
- the complete name and address of the subsequent owner;
- the indication that the subsequent owner has received and read the owner's manual and this warranty policy.
To obtain repairs under warranty, the CUSTOMER must:
Section D - Exclusions
- Ensure that the UNIT is properly operated, maintained, and stored as specified in the Owner's Manual;
- Give notice to a DEALER of any and all apparent defects immediately upon discovery, and make the entire UNIT available at that time for inspection and repair at the DEALER'S place of business;
- Provide proof of warranty coverage to such DEALER (CUSTOMER'S copy of the Warranty Registration Card);
- Authorize the DEALER to tear down the UNIT for diagnostic evaluation should it be required.All warranty repairs must be done by a DEALER and final approval of any repairs rests with YAMAHA. All parts replaced become the property of YAMAHA.
- This warranty does not apply unless:
- The UNIT has been fully assembled and set to the MANUFACTURER'S operating specifications by a DEALER prior to DELIVERY to the CUSTOMER;
- The CUSTOMER has followed the break-in and storage instructions contained in the Owner's Manual, and all other instructions shown in the Owner's Manual;
- The CUSTOMER can provide record of maintenance having been performed as recommended in the Owner's Manual;
- Requests for repairs under warranty have been made as prescribed in Section C.
- This warranty does not cover the repair of damage resulting from abuse or neglect of the UNIT. Examples of abuse and neglect include, but are not limited to:
- Modification of original parts, abnormal strain;
- Use of lubricants, oil and fuel/oil mixtures other than those recommended in the Owner's Manual, improperly installed accessories or use of parts or accessories that are not equivalent in design and quality to genuine Yamaha parts;
- Damage as a result of accidents, collisions, impact, contact with foreign materials, submersion or use of the UNIT after discovery of a defect;
- Appearance-related damages of body parts. Examples of such damages include but are not limited to: scratches, dents, fading, flaking, peeling.
- Repairs required due to the degradation of fuel during storage periods or to other incorrect storage procedures.
- This warranty does not extend to:
- UNITS which have been modified in any way from the standard specifications as shown in the Owner's Manual;
- Normal wear and tear, corrosion and routine maintenance such as the recommended service inspections;
- UNITS from which the MANUFACTURER'S identification numbers have been removed or whose identification numbers have been altered or mutilated;
- Pre-delivery inspection and assembly;
- Wear and tear and/or maintenance parts such as oil and lubricants, spark plugs, high-tension cables, filters, fuses, wires and cables, light bulbs, belts, batteries, snowblower augers and shear bolts;
- Inconvenience, loss of time, loss of income or loss of use of the UNIT or any consequential damage of any kind;
- Damages from theft, fire, vandalism, explosion, water, acts of God;
- Storage costs, or transportation and shipping costs related to the performance of this warranty.
This warranty is in addition to, and not a modification of, any warranty required by the laws of any province of Canada.
Subject to any applicable sales or consumer legislation, the above warranty is in lieu of any warranty or representation, express or implied, including any warranty of performance, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose on the part of YAMAHA, and any other obligation or liability on behalf of YAMAHA, and the above warranty constitutes your sole remedy and the full liability of YAMAHA. In no event shall YAMAHA be liable for special, incidental or consequential damages howsoever caused, whether by negligence or otherwise resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the UNIT, or the UNIT'S having replacement parts or the unavailability of replacement parts. YAMAHA does not assume or authorize any person to create or assume for YAMAHA any obligation or liability in connection with the UNIT or any part thereof distributed by YAMAHA.
Section F - Emissions Warranty
Yamaha Canada warrants to the Purchaser of the Unit covered by this warranty for the products listed below that the Unit is designed, built and equipped so as to conform at the time of Delivery with all the federal emissions standards applicable at the time of manufacture and that it is free from defects in materials and workmanship which would cause it not to meet these standards within the periods listed below. Failures other than those resulting from defects in material and workmanship which arise solely as a result of owner abuse and/or lack of proper maintenance are not covered by this warranty.
|Product ||Period |
|Diesel Generators (under 19kW)||1500 hours of operation or 2 years, whichever occurs first|
|Inverter Generator||3 years|
|Gasoline Generators||3 years|
|Water Pumps, Trash Pumps||3 years|
YAMAHA PRESSURE WASHER WARRANTY POLICY
Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd (Yamaha) hereby warrants that new Yamaha pressure washers purchased from an authorized Yamaha Power Product dealer in Canada, will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the period of time stated herein, subject to certain stated limitations.
Section A - The Period of Warranty
- Any new Yamaha Pressure Washer purchased and used in the customer's country of residence (Canada) for private, non-commercial use will be warranted against defects in material or workmanship for a period of three (3) years from date of purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein.
- Any new Yamaha Pressure Washer purchased and used in the customer's country of residence (Canada) and used for commercial or rental applications will be warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein.
Section B - During the Period of Warranty
During the period of Warranty any authorized Yamaha Power Product dealer will, free of charge, repair or replace, at Yamaha's option, any part adjudged defective by Yamaha due to faulty workmanship or material from the factory. Parts used in warranty repairs will be warranted for the balance of the product's warranty period. All parts replaced under warranty become property of Yamaha.
Section C - Exclusions
Section D - Customer Responsibility
- General exclusions from this warranty shall include any failures caused by:
- Installation of parts or accessories that are not qualitatively equivalent to genuine Yamaha parts.
- Abnormal strain, neglect, or abuse, including use of bleach, or detergents or other chemicals not specifically intended for pressure washer use.
- Lack of proper maintenance, including lack of proper storage procedures as described in the Owner's Manual.
- Accident, impact or collision damage.
- Specific exclusions from this warranty shall include engine and pressure washer parts replaced due to normal wear or routine maintenance. Engine parts such as the spark plug and air filter, and pressure washer parts such the high pressure hose, spray wand, nozzles, trigger handle, supply hoses, quick couplers, gaskets, valves, pistons, pump valve assemblies, O-rings, and water and oil seals are subject to normal wear and routine maintenance.
The customer's responsibility under this warranty shall be to:
Section E - Subsequent Owner and Warranty Transfer
- Operate and maintain the Pressure Washer as specified in the Owner's Manual;
- Give notice to an authorized Yamaha Power Product dealer of any and all apparent defects within ten (10) days after discovery, and make the unit available at that time for inspection and repairs at such dealer's place of business.
To transfer any remaining warranty from the original purchaser to any subsequent purchaser, it is imperative that the machine be inspected and registered for warranty by an authorized Yamaha Power Product dealer in the country of residence of the original purchaser. In order for this warranty to remain in effect, this inspection and registration must take place within ten (10) days after ownership transfer. An inspection and registration fee will be charged for this service. In no case will the warranty be extended beyond the original period.
YAMAHA MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WHICH EXCEED THE OBLIGATIONS AND TIME LIMITS STATED IN THIS WARRANTY ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY YAMAHA, AND EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY.
SOME PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. ALSO EXCLUDED FROM THIS WARRANTY ARE ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING LOSS OF USE. SOME PROVINCES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM PROVINCE TO PROVINCE.
Section F - Emissions Warranty
Yamaha warrants to the Purchaser of the Unit covered by this warranty for the products listed below that the Unit is designed, built and equipped so as to conform at the time of Delivery with all the federal emissions standards applicable at the time of manufacture and that it is free from defects in materials and workmanship which would cause it not to meet these standards within the periods listed below. Failures other than those resulting from defects in material and workmanship which arise solely as a result of owner abuse and/or lack of proper maintenance are not covered by this warranty.
|Product ||Period |
|Pressure Washer ||3 years|
Section G - Warranty Questions and Answers
- What costs are my responsibility during the warranty period?
A. The customer's responsibility includes all costs of normal maintenance service, non-warranty repairs, accident damages, as well as oil and spark plugs.
- What are some examples of "abnormal" strain, neglect, or abuse?
A. These terms are general and overlap each other in areas. Specific examples include: Running the machine out of oil; lack of proper maintenance; operating the machine with a broken or damaged part which causes another part to fail; and so on. If you have any specific questions on operation or maintenance, please contact your dealer for advice.
- Does the warranty cover incidental costs such as transportation due to a failure?
A. No. The warranty is limited to the repair of the machine itself.
- May I perform any or all of the recommended maintenance shown in the Owner's Manual instead of having the dealer do them?
A. Yes, if you are a qualified mechanic and follow the procedures specified in the Owner's and Service Manuals. We do recommend, however, that items requiring special tools or equipment be done by a Yamaha Power Product dealer.
- Will the warranty be void or cancelled if I do not operate or maintain my new Yamaha exactly as specified in the Owner's Manual?
A. No. The warranty cannot be "voided" or "cancelled." However, if a particular failure is caused by operation or maintenance other than as shown in the Owner's Manual, that failure may not be covered under warranty.
- What responsibility does my dealer have under this warranty?
A. Each Yamaha Power Product dealer is expected to:
- Check the operation of the Pressure Washer before sale.
- Explain the operation, maintenance, and warranty requirements to your satisfaction at the time of sale, and upon your request at any later date. In addition, each Yamaha Power Product dealer is held responsible for his set-up, service and warranty repair work.
- Is the warranty transferable to second owners?
A. Yes. The remainder of the existing warranty can be transferred upon request. The unit has to be inspected and re-registered by an authorized Yamaha Power Product dealer for the policy to remain effective.
If your machine requires warranty service, you must take it to any authorized Yamaha Power Product dealer within Canada. Be sure to bring your warranty identification card or other valid proof of the original date of purchase. If a question or problem arises regarding warranty, first contact the owner of the dealership. Since all warranty matters are handled at the dealer level, this person is in the best position to help you. If you are still not satisfied and require additional assistance, please write:
YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA LTD.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT
480 GORDON BAKER RD
Toronto, Ontario M2H 3B4
When contacting Yamaha be sure to include the model, serial number, names, dates, and receipts.CHANGE OF ADDRESS
The federal government requires each manufacturer of a motor vehicle to maintain a complete, up-to-date list of all first purchasers against the possibility of a safety-related defect and recall. This list is compiled from the purchase registrations sent to Yamaha by the selling dealer at the time of your purchase. If you should move after you have purchased your new Pressure Washer, please advise Yamaha of your new address by sending a subsequent owners' card listing your Pressure Washer model name, serial number, dealer name as it is shown on your warranty registration identification, your name and new mailing address. Mail to:
YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA LTD.
CUSTOMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT
480 GORDON BAKER RD
Toronto, Ontario M2H 3B4
This will ensure that Yamaha has an up-to-date registration record in accordance with federal law.Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty (YMPP)
No one else offers you the superior engineering, style and performance you enjoy with your Yamaha. And no one else stands behind its product the way Yamaha does - with the industry's best warranty coverage and best extended warranty plan: Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty. Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty gives you the option to extend the factory warranty coverage for your Pressure Washer by 12, 24 or 36 months, depending on your requirements. Combine that with Yamaha's unsurpassed reputation for reliability, and you've got the peace of mind you deserve.
- While other plans can confuse you with deductibles, parts coverage and claim paperwork hassles, our factory-backed Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty gives you bullet-proof protection from the unexpected. And it's as easy to understand and use as your Yamaha factory warranty.
- Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty will be there, whether your repair expense is just a few dollars or considerably more.
- Under the Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty program, Yamaha picks up the entire cost of parts and labour to repair every applicable mechanical defect.
- Yamaha's computerized warranty system is updated as soon as you buy coverage, so Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty takes over automatically - and immediately - when your factory warranty expires. You can even get Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty coverage on many pre-owned Yamaha models.
- Your Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty warranty is transferable, increasing the value of your Yamaha product if you decide to sell or trade it in.
- Since we already know your Yamaha, you don't have to fill out claim forms. Your Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty coverage information is available to every authorized Yamaha dealer nationwide.
- You can purchase years of our Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty coverage for a fraction of what a single major repair could cost you.
- With Yamaha Motor Protection Plan – Extended Warranty, Yamaha is ready to step in to make any needed repairs (excluding those repairs due to normal wear or aging) using genuine parts and factory authorized service for the full duration of your coverage.
For further information, contact your dealer.