Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. currently seeks a candidate for the position of Translator for our Marketing Department.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Ensure that all corporate translations are completed on a timely basis while adhering to the company brand, messaging, visual identity and legal guidelines. Work closely with Production and Marketing teams and in particular with Graphic Design and Print Production Manager to ensure accurate and timely completion of all projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Translate, revise and proof read to ensure quality, accuracy and consistency. Verify contents of source documents and intercept errors if necessary.
- Collaborate with other translator(s) to prioritize and complete translation projects as per timeline assigned. Maintain translation log to ensure translation requests are completed in a timely and consistent manner.
- Work closely with Graphic Designers and Print Production Manager to ensure translations are accurately in place in final layout.
- Verify printer proofs to ensure accuracy and uniformity. Co-ordinate with Production Manager and/or print vendors (as required) for final French sign-off of materials.
- Maintain and keep up-to-date the translation database and lexicon to ensure uniformity and relevancy.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree, Translation
- Translation with extensive background in leisure vehicle industry, 3 to 5 years preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English & French.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Sound knowledge of marketing, technical and financial terminology an asset.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects within tight timelines.
- Experience working with and updating Translation Memories (Trados, Fusion, etc.)
- Great interpersonal skills.
Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.