Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. currently seeks a candidate for the position of Reporting Analyst for our Yamaha Motor Finance Canada (YMFCA).
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for providing analysis and insight in order to drive sustainable growth for the loan portfolio a s well as operational effectiveness for Yamaha Motor Finance Canada (YMFCA) as a whole.
Leveraging a strong data and analytics background, the Reporting Analyst will study multiple internal data sources to analyze and report on our loan portfolio in all phases of the lifecycle from lead generation, application, credit decisioning, account ma nagement, collections and customer retention.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyse the automated credit risk strategy to improve decision making effectiveness and increase automation. Review and improve the risk segmentation strategy to ensure loans are being approved at the right 'price-to-risk'.
- Manage reporting for distribution to executive, credit, sales and operations. Develop new reporting as required and provide ad-hoc analysis into portfolio trends. Participate in risk oversight activities/meetings, provide in-depth insight into drivers behind key trends.
- Manage and execute the design, implementation and post-campaign analysis for new marketing and sales initiatives, for example: new program pricing, promotional campaigns, and customer retention offers.
- Assist with periodic reviews of consumer and commercial lending policies. Develop processes and reporting to ensure compliance with lending guidelines and identify any overrides/exceptions. Support external partners during any audit of YMFCA activities.
- Collaborate with third-party vendor to ensure effective monitoring and oversight of custom risk score.
Education and Experience Requirements
- B.Math, B.Sc or B.Arts, Mathematics, Business, Statistics, Economics, Financial Engineering or a related quantitative discipline.
- Analysis, Reporting, Data Manipulation, Modelling or Forecasting ideally in a retail lending environment, 1 — 3 years
Skills and Abilities
- Analytical skills demonstrated by leveraging data to drive insights and value to an organization.
- Experience with Excel, Powerpoint, SQL and VBA.
- Knowledge of statistical programs, preferably SAS.
- Ability to manage time and work independently.
- Ability to clearly communicate (written and verbal) technical/analytical information and ideas with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge and understanding of retail credit products, particularly vehicle loans/leases would be an asset.
- Commercial lending experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of recreational vehicles (powersport and marine) would be an asset.
Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.