Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. currently seeks an Intermediate Accountant for our Accounting Department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparing month end bank reconciliations for the YMCA and YMFCA companies.
- Track and report YMCA's monthly operating and financing lease, and property, plant & equipment continuity schedules in SAP.
- Accounting for YMCA and YMFCA's daily banking, including capturing and recording interest expense accounting, and monitoring the Company cash flow.
- Posting journal entries in SAP, and preparing and reconciling GL schedules in SAP for month end, quarter end, and year-end financial statement close process for YMCA.
- Process payments to vendors in SAP in a timely manner, and assist to handle the taxation and registration requirements when required.
- Organizing and filing paper trail support for the accounting department, pulling support, and preparing working papers for auditors (Internal/external).
- Participate in budget preparations and analysis using SAP.
- Complete a monthly financial statement review of financial results, including a comparison to budget and both a qualitative and quantitative review of operating results, analyzing and reporting on, key business issues.
- Analyze financial accounts and prepare monthly and quarterly management reports to YMCA's parent Company.
- Provide a key business contact point for various accounting questions that arise from various internal departments within Yamaha.
- Assisting with ad hoc projects within the accounting department.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Business related degree (BBA, BCOM, or BA), Accounting
- Accounting and/or Finance, 1-3 years
Skills and Abilities
- Accounting designation CPA/CMA an asset.
- Previous experience in automotive retail industry in sales and finance.
- Proficiency in report writing, finance and accounting principles, as well as proficiency with office software applications such as SAP and Microsoft Office is required.
- A mindset for continuous improvement, and proactive to accomplish tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Ability to work effectively in an extremely fast paced and evolving environment.
Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.