Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. currently seeks a candidate for the position of Website Developer for our Marketing Department.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Enhance and maintain the consumer website in terms of functionality, usability and visitor impact through the lens of design and programming. Interact with backend systems and database to support front end changes.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Working with the marketing department and specifically the web team, improve site efficacy and visual appeal by working on new projects such as microsites, new features, layout / navigational changes in order to maximize impact on visitors.
- Perform site maintenance when required and support new product launches on both the front and back end to keep the site functioning at the highest possible level.
- Manipulate MySQL database when necessary to support front end system changes.
- Provide creative input on how to improve site, from both a technical and visual / usability perspective.
- Communicate and implement improvements with respect to emerging industry trends and technologies, so our site is an effective tool for all visitors.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree or diploma, Computer Science, Website Design
- Hands on , 2-3 years
Skills and Abilities
- Strong website coding skills (PHP, CSS, HTML5, java script)
- Proficiency with MySQL db design, maintenance, manipulation
- Excellent communication habits
- Time management and organizational skills to handle multiple, simultaneous projects
- Creative talents an asset
Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.