Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. currently seeks a candidate for the position of Manager, Operations for Yamaha Motor Finance Canada (YMFCA).
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager of Operations will be accountable to lead YMFCA(Retail) interactions with the vendors, partners, and any designated external parties. This position will also be accountable for managing collections and write-off activities in conjunction with our vendor partner and for monitoring service levels across the lending lifecycle.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the updating of policy and procedure documents
- Build Operational processes that are seamless and drive efficiency for the Consumer, Dealer and YMFCA Corporate.
- Create and manage Operational Reports and procedures to improve the P&L and build efficiency by recommending automating processes as a function of continuous improvement activities.
- Manage daily funding activities and reconciliation.
- Function as internal Project Manager and the Subject Matter Expert (where applicable) to drive new initiatives on behalf of YMFCA.
- Manage Customer Service outsourced function through oversight and acting as the escalation contact; ensuring this team represents the Yamaha Brand effectively.
- Lead the Collections and Recovery Function on behalf of YMFCA in conjunction with the Manager of Risk and Analytics.
- Manage, measure and monitor the relationship with vendors and partners including: contracts, service levels and brand standards.
- Participate in Management/Leadership Committees and prepare management reports as required.
Education and Experience Requirements
- University Degree (preferred), Business or Commerce (preferred)
- Credit Operations in a bank or outsourced financial services company where complex vendor relationships are integral to business delivery. Experience with collections operations (retail loans) is highly desirable, Minimum 7 years
Skills and Abilities
- Expert in Retail Credit Operations processes including developing and/or maintaining Loan Origination and Management systems, knowledge of loan funding and lien registrations is required.
- Deep experience in vendor Management including contract negotiation and relationship management and monitoring, including developing applicable monitoring reports and auctioning the results as required.
- Possesses a high "EQ" with the demonstrated ability to manage through complexity and manage through influence both internally and external to the organization.
- Knowledge of Project management processes and experience in managing enterprise projects is considered an asset.
- Strong Communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and influence effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and flexibility to adapt to change.
- Demonstrated experience and aptitude to think strategically and be hand-on in delivery and execution to support a 'start-up' financial services operation.
- Ability to work independently and a natural curiousity are important personal attributes to be successful in this role.
- Experience in leading Collections Operations including early and late stage collections strategy and procedures, performance reporting and third party agency management is highly desirable.
- A strong team player who will contribute to the culture of the organization.
- Experienced in developing executive-level PowerPoint Presentations.
Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.