Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. currently seeks a candidate for the position of Receptionist for our General Services Department.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Provide reception duties that include answering and processing all telephone calls, greeting and announcing all guests and providing support functions and clerical duties that supports the long term and immediate objectives for all departments.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer and dispatch phone calls to staff, ensuring the correct extension and provide the required assistance to callers when or as required.
- Greet and welcome all guests, inviting guests to sign in and also ensure each guest receives a guest badge. Immediately contact required staff member and announce arrival of their guest. Maintain inventory of badges in good visible condition.
- Complete various clerical duties including preparation of department cheque requisitions, maintaining up to date records for G/L information and current format for completion. Maintain company extension list and field staff contact lists.
- Record and track all Hydro, Gas, Water and Telco invoices. Accurately recording usage data into the correct tracking files for department reporting and budget preparation requirements. Report any discrepancies or unusual billings to department manager.
- Coordinate local courier deliveries including recording and distributing all incoming courier shipments to reception, complete waybills for outgoing and reviewing monthly billing against waybills. Investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Maintain boardroom bookings file assisting and confirming bookings and vacancies for staff. Completing various projects from other divisions as and when required, and any other duties as may arise.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Related post-secondary education or relevant work related experience
- Office Administration, 1-2 years
Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual (English and French).
- Friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Customer Service orientated and solutions-focused with visitors and internal staff.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and self-reliant.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Ability to learn and use a multitude of PC applications and programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills- Bilingual (French/English) is an asset.
- Must be a team player, able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and willing to work overtime as required.
- Industry experience would be considered a definite asset.
Yamaha Motor Canada Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.