Long term storage of your machine will require some preventative procedures to guard against deterioration.
- Drain the fuel tank, fuel cock, and carburetor float bowl.
- Pour a cup of SAE 10W30 or 20W40 motor oil into the tank.
- Shake the tank to coat the inner surfaces thoroughly.
- Drain off the excess oil.
- Remove the spark plug, pour about 1 tablespoon of SAE 10W30 or 20W40 motor oil into the spark plug hole and reinstall the spark plug. Recoil start the engine by turning over several times (with the ignition off) to coat the cylinder walls with oil.
- Pull the coil recoil starter until you feel the compression. Then stop pulling. This prevents the cylinder valves from rusting.
- Clean the exterior of the generator and apply a rust inhibitor.
- Store the generator in a dry, well-ventilated place, with the cover placed over it
- The generator must remain in a vertical position when stored, carried or operated.
These procedures can also be followed for storing water pumps. Be sure to drain the water from the impeller housing on water pumps.<< Back